Sunday, November 27, 2011

IT'S A BOY! 7lbs,11ounces 12/6/10






He's here! Axel Justin made his way into the world almost in the Best Buy parking lot! (almost). I had strong contractions all day but not very far apart. I was in the hospital the week before, checked in with an IV and everything and my contractions stopped altogether. I was sent home. SO this time I wanted to be sure. I had gone to the chiropractor earlier that morning and she re-adjusted AJ's position. She told me I would most likely go into labor in a few hours or by that evening. She was right! I was cooking up sausage and potatoes and things were getting pretty strong, but like twenty minutes apart. We took the kids to Chris and Kathleen's and then stopped at Old Navy and Best Buy. I wanted to walk around b/c I was afraid they would send me home. In the middle of Best Buy, I wasn't feeling so good. Justin bought a new camera, then we walked over to Old Navy and I bought some PJ's. Then I really wasn't feeling good. We checked into the hospital at 8:45pm. The nurse checked me and said "oh, your at an 8, your ready to go!" Before I knew it I was surrounded by nurses and Justin was busy trying to get the camera set up. I was asking for my epideral one second, the next second the baby was coming on out! Justin was so proud of me. I was proud of me. I couldn't believe I did it without any anesthetic. When he came out, I wasn't surprised at all it was a boy, and he was very blonde, but looked just like his daddy in that moment. We hadn't decided on a name, but right then at 9:09pm when I saw him for the first time, I knew his name was Axel Justin. And he was and is so sweet and just what our family needed.

No comments: