Saturday, July 25, 2009

Goodbye, Friend








Once upon a time, three years ago, my husband with a brand new professional degree in hand, we bought our first home, and started a new phase in life: new job, new state, and raising babies. When we first moved in, I remember we used lawn chairs around our kitchen table because we did not have any real chairs! The walls in our home were yellow, and for two years tried to convince ourselves we liked it. Then one day, about a year ago, me being six months pregnant, decided to remodel our kitchen. It took until November to paint all the cabinets, the walls, and by December, we finally had the island done with new wainscoting. My gracious father in law built us a new gorgeous mantle, and helped us to retile the fireplace as well. We changed out fixtures, and finally, two weeks ago, bought our first set of brand new appliances! I love this house; it has become my friend. Two of my sweet babies were born while living in this house. We have met some wonderful friends while living in this house. And now, in a few weeks, we will sadly say goodbye. I get choked up thinking about it, but I know our new adventure is the right thing to do, even if it means leaving places and people we love. But we won't be too far away, and I hope that we will still have visitors, even though we will no longer be a stop off the freeway! So this post is dedicated to Boise, to our house on Congressional Drive, and to all the people who have made our house feel like home.

4 comments:

Elena said...

What a pretty house? Where are you moving? It's hard to leave a place you love. Best of luck at your nrew home.

In the Hartland said...

Kel,
This is Lisa in Puyallup...I'm totally confused! You can't just write a post about moving and then NOT say where you are moving to! Geez! Did your hubby find a dental office up in WA like you were thinking about a year ago....or are you off to another state. Please explain in the next post! :-)

RaeAnn said...

I love the re-model. I am sure you will find a fixer-upper to add your expertise to in Seattle. I don't want you to go! You must stop in the office before departure!!!

Nicole said...

Has it been 3 years already? You did such a nice job on your kitchen! I like the changes you made in the front too! Good luck in WA! Keep us updated on your life and your babies.