Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What A Weekend!!








It all started Friday afternoon when we drove up to Redfish Lake with our friends the Purcells and the Stubblefields. We spent two great days and nights riding bikes and playing around our camp. The Sawtooth mountains looked incredible and I decided I need to get a camper so I can spend more time in the woods! Saturday night it poured rain- our tent passed the test and we woke up dry! The Purcells had water drip on their heads all night- we felt bad about that. And Sunday was Justin and I's 6th anniversary (I told him it feels more like ten-in a good way) and no better way to celebrate than being at Redfish where we spent part of our honeymoon 6 years ago this week, and at the same camp spot even! Monday we spent the day with the Grandmas. First it was lunch with Grandma Pearl Robison and then to the cemetery so Maddie could see her great grandpa and great great grandparents. When we got there, she asked "where's Grandpa Dell?" I said "Well, he is buried in the ground." She responds "Well, did he get sand in his eyes?". So came the conversation about coffins...Then we had dinner with Grandma Dorothy and after went up to see Grandpa Edd at the Veteran's Cemetery. That was a moving experience with all the American flags in honor of those who served out country. I felt very grateful.

2 comments:

RaeAnn said...

HOw fun that you got to re-enact your honeymoon. Wait. I mean, remember your honeymoon with your three cute kids nearby. Yes, Kell, we are the coolest. One thing that makes us really cool is when we both go to work at the same time on the same day and we get to hug and talk! Not in a creepy way like that just sounded of course. Where are you???

Kathleen said...

So fun! How did Luci do camping? We're totally with you on the camper, it would make life easier (and warmer, cleaner and more comfortable). Glad you had a good holiday!